CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

30 weeks: name game

I can't believe there are only 10 weeks left until our due date!

Junior's (or Teddy, or August-December)'s crib is ready with cute new bedding, I've washed and folded some little outfits and blankies, and I'm dreaming more and more about holding a new little bundle. So far, the dreams I remember have featured girl babies. But something in the back of my head keeps saying "boy." Only 10 weeks until we know!

We're not settled on any names yet, and figure we'll just have to meet the baby and decide what to call him/her.

I've been putting together a list of sorts, and I'm not discounting any names if there isn't any real hesitation (got this idea from my friend Ashley). So, all kinds of names have ended up on the list. Here's a sampling. Suggestions and input are welcome!!

GIRLS:
Felicity
Eloise
Thea
Mae
Esperanza
Penelope
Iliana
Clementine
Sonoma
Zara
Makani
Mirabel
Mahina
Luna
Elina

BOYS: (Boy names are much harder than girl names!)
Cruz
Kanoa
River
Felix
Cody
Matteo
Cassius
August

Who's it gonna be?!?!

6 comments:

The Smith Family said...

My vote is for Iliana and Cruz. I am sure it carrys a lot of weight! :) Youre on the home stretch!

Daina said...

I vote for Iliana and Cruz, too. :)

Ophelia and Peter said...

Holy moly, 10 weeks??? Where did the time go, does this seem fast to you too?

I vote for Iliana and Kanoa. I agree boy names are a bit more of a challenge. A few other suggestions: Jacob, Ethan ( I know, very popular, but I still like it), Ian ( pronounced ee-en), Andrew ( not Andy) and Caleb.

I'll share if I think of others. Whatever name you decide on, it will be perfect. With rare exceptions we all have a way of growing into our names. Can you imagine Luciya with any other name? She is Luciya!

XOXO

killowatt said...

Boy Names: William (Will), Aiden, Logan,Gabriel, Samuel (Sam)

Girl Names; i love all that you have up but also love: Hannah, Avery, Lily

Can't wait to meet the new baby!!!

Elaine said...

Iliana Brooke is poetic. I like August, but he would be called Gus - but I'd just sing him the song from "Cats."

Lala said...

ooo I like Felicity and Matteo!